Sunday, June 5, 2011

Non-Dog Related Project

After more than a year of making dog panties, cool collars & belly bands I decided I really LOVED to sew & wanted to venture out & make some bags.  I figured I'd give bags a shot simply because they don't need to fit anyone like panties or human clothes would.  So off to the store I went in search of the perfect bag pattern book!

I found "Sew What!  Bags" at Barnes & Noble & just love it because it has no patterns to cut out.  It's all just straight-lines & measurements!  Perfect for me!  All the projects are marked Newbie, Pro, or Daredevil.  Makes you realize what you can make now as a beginner & what you could make later with more practice.

For my first project I was feeling pretty gutsy & opted for a Pro Reversible Tote Bag.

I honestly didn't think the reversible part would work so I picked a cute fabric that I know didn't match for the inside.
Well son-of-a-gun!  It actually works!  It's totally reversible...ugly as it is, it works!
I even reinforced the straps as recommended:
I love the look of contrasting threads & fabrics, so this photo really shows the details of the pockets.
I was pretty proud of myself with this!  I mean, I know it's just straight cuts & lines, but it's something that can be used!!!  (Even though it's currently just hanging on my "I made this!" wall!)

My helper, Sassy (my almost 17-year-old kitty) was pretty happy with it/me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter